Re: Kernel 2.6.22-rc3 safe to migrate to?

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel 2.6.22-rc3 safe to migrate to?
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 18:55:45 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

Justin Piszcz wrote:
Wondering as their were a lot of XFS related issues early on in
development..? The 2.6.22-rc3 kernel has the core 2 duo coretemp patch
by ruik which I want be running as long as 2.6.22-rc3 does not have
any severe XFS issues?

XFS currently has a data-corrupting bug, where files which were appended
by small amounts may lose their updates on umount - I see this
corrupting hg repos. There's a patch which works for me, and is in
2.6.22-rc3-mm1, but it hasn't been merged upstream yet.

Ah that's it- and USB appears to be broken as well, I'll stick with 2.6.21.3 for now.

Thanks!

Justin.