Re: Repeated XFS Crash on x86_64 fiesty

To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Repeated XFS Crash on x86_64 fiesty
From: Nick Gregory <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:21:36 +0100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Justin Piszcz wrote:
Have you run memtest86? Have you checked the CPU? Is it an AMD64 CPU where the memory controller is onboard (and .. if damaged/overheating) could cause problems with the memory?

Thanks for the suggestions. Shortly after my posting I had a drive fail shortly followed by another three taking out 6TB of data :-( , luckily part of a replicated pair.

So its certainly a hardware thing either a bad raid card or a bad batch of drives rather than anything to do with XFS.