7Tb XFS partition lost on reboot

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 7Tb XFS partition lost on reboot
From: Amandine AUPETIT <amandine@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 14:58:21 +0100
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi !
(I'm on Ubuntu 7.10 64 bits)
I have array of 12 750gb disks in hardware Raid 6 that gives me a 7Tb partition. I tried to format it in ext3, but it took too much time, so I tried in Reiserfs, but the partition were lost on reboot, and now i'm trying XFS.

So I created the partition with parted, because fdisk can't do more that 2tb partitions.
It's ok, I can do what I want but...

on reboot, there is a Superblock problem, something like that. When I check with xfs_check :

xfs_check: unexpected XFS SB magic number 0x00000000
xfs_check: read failed: Invalid argument
xfs_check: data size check failed
cache_node_purge: refcount was 1, not zero (node=0x681420)
xfs_check: cannot read root inode (22)
bad superblock magic number 0, giving up

So, I tried to delete the partition with parted, to recreate a new one. No problem. But when I mount the new partition, all the data that were on my deleted partition are there !!! That's of course not a problem, but I'm wondering if there's a way to have this partition work directly without having to delete and recreate it ?

I checked the /proc/partition before and after doing parted :

BEFORE
major minor  #blocks  name
104     0   35532720 cciss/c0d0
104     1   34025638 cciss/c0d0p1
104     2          1 cciss/c0d0p2
104     5    1502046 cciss/c0d0p5
105     0 7325417080 cciss/c1d0
105     1  [B]882966102[/B] cciss/c1d0p1

AFTER
major minor  #blocks  name
104     0   35532720 cciss/c0d0
104     1   34025638 cciss/c0d0p1
104     2          1 cciss/c0d0p2
104     5    1502046 cciss/c0d0p5
105     0 7325417080 cciss/c1d0
105     1 [B]7325417046[/B] cciss/c1d0p1

So, any idea what I could do ?

Thanks a lot
Amandine