Re: xfs crash

To: Cedric - Equinoxe Media <cedric@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs crash
From: David Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 07:55:56 +1100
Cc: David Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 05:07:21PM +0100, Cedric - Equinoxe Media wrote:
> I just had exactly the same crash again today :
> /dev/sda4 on /filer type xfs (rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,noatime)

What did xfs_check tell you about the corruption?

> Seems to be again on a setattr() ?

Doing a truncation freeing some blocks.

What is the client doing (i.e. io patterns, application, etc) to
cause this? can you reproduce it without NFS being used? To track
this down I'm going to need a reproducable test case....

Seeing this is a brand new server, have you run and soak or stress
test on the raw storage to confirm it is error free?

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner