binary NULL errors

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: binary NULL errors
From: Christoph Anton Mitterer <calestyo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:05:49 +0100
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi.

I've got some questions about using XFS.

I've already used it as for all my discs about one or two years ago, but
then I've suffered several times from the binary NULLs "bug", that
happened when the system crashed or had a power loss.

I've lost more than one open files (like all my bookmarks in Firefox)
and thus I've switched back to ext3

In the FAQ at http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/faq.html it says:
Update: This issue has been addressed with a CVS fix on the 29th March
2007 and merged into mainline on 8th May 2007 for 2.6.22-rc1.

What does this exactly mean and what has been fixed/addressed?
Is XFS now similar to ext3 and I won't see those binary NULLs stuff
again?

What happens now in case of a powerloss? Does XFS still make heavy use
of caching techniques?

Best wishes,
Chris,