Re: XFS error cannot mount RAID

To: "Amicus Services Inc." <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS error cannot mount RAID
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 22:10:33 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, vincent.roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:01:35 -0600 vous écriviez:

> I have a AMCC RAID 5 which has been verified without error but cannot
> mount on a SUSE 10.1 OS. Inconsistency on the volume may have
> occurred during an abrupt power shutdown. Not sure if it would be
> prudent to run XFS_Repair at this stage since XFS_check returned info
> indicating inconsistencies exist.

Well I know from experience that xfs_repair may bite, unfortunately,
and that 3Ware RAID-5 really is touchy about power... BBU really is a
must.
Anyway, here is what to do :
1) if possible, use xfs_dump to backup the whole filesystem as is on
some other device, tape, disk, whatever you have available.
2) run xfs_repair -n /dev/sdXX >> /tmp/testfile and send "testfile" to
the list.

good luck!
Emmanuel Florac               www.intellique.com