RE: Problems with xfs_grow on large LVM + XFS filesystem 20TB size check

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "markgw@xxxxxxx" <markgw@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Problems with xfs_grow on large LVM + XFS filesystem 20TB size check 2 failed
From: Lance Reed <lreed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:15:45 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks so much for all the info!

I am currently looking over the
post to figure  out if I need to do antyhing manual to finish expanding the
filesystem.

If it is possible to expand in increments less than 2 TB, is there a way to do
this via xfs_growfs?  I am a bit confused by the -D and -R options and which
one would be relevant here.  Or do I have to shrink the LVM Logical Volume
first and then just run "xfs_grow /mntpoint".
Also, can I run with the "-n" option to confirm if the xfs_growfs command
"should" complete correctly each time? (looking for docs on this...)

Is there any reason I couldn't grab a newerer release of the XFS tools, etc,
and compile for CentOs 5.0 and use them in this case?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Lance