open sleeps

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: open sleeps
From: Brian May <brian@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:27:48 +1000
Followup-to: brian@vpac.org,xfs@oss.sgi.com
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I am having (weird) issues with XFS, in that open(...) on certain files takes 45 seconds to return. After the file has been opened, the next file in the same directory takes 45 seconds. If the file was recently opened it returns immediately.

I thought this was a low level I/O issue, so copied the files in question to a completely independent RAID array (separate LVM, RAID, controllers, disks), but the problem remains.

More details at thread starting from <http://lists.luv.asn.au/wws/arc/luv-main/2008-06/msg00143.html>.

Any ideas?

Please CC me responses.

Thanks.