Filestreams

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Filestreams
From: Richard Scobie <richard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 11:11:31 +1200
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Is my understanding of filestreams correct, in that files written to a particular filestreams enabled directory are all allocated to 1 ag as long as the filestreams timeout is not exceeded - which I believe is 30s?

In other words, if I copy 100 files into a directory, (cp -a dir_containing_100_files dest_dir), wait 60 seconds and do (cp -a dir_containing_100_different_files dest_dir), each directory and contents in dest_dir will be stored in a single, different ag?

Also, would it be possible for the filestreams parameter to be added to man pages/kernel docs?

Thanks,

Richard