Re: oss.sgi.com and mailman, looking for volunteers.

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: oss.sgi.com and mailman, looking for volunteers.
From: Mark Goodwin <markgw@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:18:28 +1100
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Russell Cattelan wrote:
Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 08:50:31AM +1100, Dave Chinner wrote:
What is the point? Let's just move the list to vger.kernel.org and
we can forget about all these problems....

Yeah.  ecartis is just part of the problem.  barracuda is another at
least as big problem, and I guess there are many other hiding.

ya it has dropped 39 messages this month
oss[5:59pm]#formail -x Subject: -s < xfs.2008-10 |wc -l
741
oss[5:59pm]#formail -x Subject: -s < xfs-procmail-2008_10  | wc -l
780

I think using mailman will clear up the dropped mail problems.

What other issues do you think is there?

I will reply later today on this

The barracuda problem is outside of oss and affects all mail from 1st.de to sgi.

all mail to any list @sgi.com goes thru the internal barracuda spam filter.

Did you ever find out why barracuda thinks your ip has  a "poor" rating?

Christoph's IP has now been whitelisted (or should have been by now).
I have no insight as to which other IP addresses have a poor rating,
there may be others (that are not spammers).

-- Mark