Re: xfstests tests not in the auto group; do we know why?

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfstests tests not in the auto group; do we know why?
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 16:10:15 +1100
Cc: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 04:44:12PM -0500, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > 104 hangs ...
>
> Yeah, we should fix this eventually :)

Changing the locking in growfs to loop doing trylocks
will prevent the deadlock. Might take a long time to get the
lock though....

> > # auto - tests to be run as part of nightly qa
> >
> > I'm not sure what that means; is this group always supposed to pass?  If
> > so there are filestreams tests that don't, for example.  Maybe "tests
> > that don't hang?"
> >
> > I wonder if it'd be worth documenting this a bit, and have a group which
> > should always run & pass on the core architectures.  (and for those that
> > don't pass, do a bit of documentation on why they don't?)
>
> I think that would be auto.  I'm all for a slight reshuffling of the
> groups:
>
>       auto - stuff that should succeed everywhere
>       large - stuff that needs a large enough machine / fs to succeed
>               (for whatever defintion of large)
>       xfail - expected to fail
>       xhang - expected to hang
>               (should be empty normally, only for new testcases)

I'd say we should add another:

        fast - tests that complete in only a few seconds

so that we can run a quicker set of sanity checks while developing
stuff. The current auto run takes a couple of hours under UML, which
means a qa cycle doesn't keep up with the rate at which I want to
test new changes......

Cheers,

Dave.
--