Re: [patch 0/4] attr: test/ improvements and integrate with make

To: Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [patch 0/4] attr: test/ improvements and integrate with make
From: Brandon Philips <brandon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 15:38:37 -0800
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 23:59 Sun 08 Feb 2009, Andreas Grünbacher wrote:
> On Saturday 07 February 2009 10:10:33 Brandon Philips wrote:
> I believe it's a good start; we probably want to merge the trees eventually.
> The way how you have moved libmisc breaks the tarballs though; I have fixed
> it.

Thanks. But, what do you mean by break the tarballs?

> Also, I was surprised that your repository has all the history
> rewritten instead of merging Christoph's trees, so I redid the merge.

I used git-stitch-repo[1] to rewrite the history as if they had been in
the same tree. This has the advantage that you can go:
 `git log acl/setfacl/setfacl.c`

and have the whole history. Either way is fine with me though.

[1] http://ifup.org/2009/02/07/the-right-tool-for-the-job-git-stitch-repo

>   http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agruen/xattr-tools.git
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/agruen/xattr-tools.git
>
> Are you fine with this tree?

They look good to me.

> Sorry for being slow. I will first add the other acked distro patches, then
> look at your changes.

Great. Can we set a precedent that as patches get merged an email gets
sent to xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx still? If not I will just rss2email the git
tree.

Thanks,

        Brandon