Re: XFS corruption with failover

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS corruption with failover
From: Felix Blyakher <felixb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 08:21:57 -0500
Cc: John Quigley <jquigley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, XFS Development <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>

On Aug 13, 2009, at 7:31 PM, Eric Sandeen wrote:

This is an IO error. Is the block device (/dev/sde) accessible
from the server #2 OK? Can you dd from that device?

Are you sure?

No, I'm not. Replied first without looking at the code ^)

               if (ohead->oh_clientid != XFS_TRANSACTION &&
                   ohead->oh_clientid != XFS_LOG) {
                       xlog_warn(
               "XFS: xlog_recover_process_data: bad clientid");
                       ASSERT(0);
                       return (XFS_ERROR(EIO));
               }

so it does say EIO but that seems to me to be the wrong error; loks more
like a bad log to me.

Agree. It does look like corrupted (incomplete) log.

It does make me wonder if there's any sort of per-initiator caching on
the iscsi target or something.  </handwave>

Yep, somewhere piece of log left out in a cache, and wasn't flushed
to disk.

Felix