Re: [patch] xfsprogs build tweaks for Debian

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [patch] xfsprogs build tweaks for Debian
From: Nathan Scott <nscott@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:08:54 +1000 (EST)
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
----- "Christoph Hellwig" <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The tarball generated by Makepks does not contain .git.  Do you
> create a tarball in a different way for debian?

Building directly from a git tree - its a one-step process.

> would be cleaner as
>
> #
> # If we're on a Debian or Debian-derived system generate deb packages
> by
> # default, else RPM packages.
> #
> if [ -f /etc/debian_version ]
>     type=debian
> else
>     type=rpm
> fi

OK, yep, will do.

> Note that when you bump package version please always also tag the
> result in git.

Will do (and pull in & document those other merged changes when I do).

> > +   - Debian packaging updates, esp. readline6 dependency.
>
> Btw, didn't readline move to GPLv3 while we have GPLv2 code in libxfs?

Hmm, not sure, will have to look into that.  The (new) dependency doesn't
specify any particular version, it just allows versions other than 5 ...
but still worth checking into.

thanks!

--
Nathan