XFS Question

To: <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: XFS Question
From: "Shue, David CTR USAF AFMC AFRL/RITB" <David.Shue.ctr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:21:47 -0400

Hello,

I originally installed XFS on my RHEL 5.1 system.  This system is on a closed network. I would like to update the system to the latest RHEL release(5.4).  I’m curious about what will happen to my XFS file system(or communication to it).  When I originally set it up, I used three(3) RPM’s:

Kernel-module-xfs-#####

Xfsprogs-####

Xfsprogs-devel-####

My question is, I will perform the system update, but what will happen to my XFS system?  Do I simply locate the above three RPM’s for the latest kernel I am installing and be good to go?

I am continuing to read the helpful sites where I obtained this email.

Thank you in advance,

Dave