Re: [GIT PULL] XFS update for 2.6.33-rc1

To: Alex Elder <aelder@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [GIT PULL] XFS update for 2.6.33-rc1
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 22:30:48 -0800 (PST)
Cc: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Alex Elder wrote:

>   git://oss.sgi.com/xfs/xfs for-linus

Hmm. There seems to be a lot of duplicate commits there due to something
odd going on: rebasing _and_ then merging the rebased end result. IOW,
these are all duplicates:

      xfs: cleanup data end I/O handlers
      xfs: cleanup data end I/O handlers
      xfs: cleanup dmapi macros in the umount path
      xfs: cleanup dmapi macros in the umount path
      xfs: Fix error return for fallocate() on XFS
      xfs: Fix error return for fallocate() on XFS
      xfs: fix mmap_sem/iolock inversion in xfs_free_eofblocks
      xfs: fix mmap_sem/iolock inversion in xfs_free_eofblocks
      xfs: I/O completion handlers must use NOFS allocations
      xfs: I/O completion handlers must use NOFS allocations
      xfs: kill the STATIC_INLINE macro
      xfs: kill the STATIC_INLINE macro
      xfs: remove incorrect sparse annotation for xfs_iget_cache_miss
      xfs: remove incorrect sparse annotation for xfs_iget_cache_miss
      xfs: remove IO_ISAIO
      xfs: remove IO_ISAIO
      xfs: rename xfs_attr_fetch to xfs_attr_get_int
      xfs: rename xfs_attr_fetch to xfs_attr_get_int
      xfs: reset the i_iolock lock class in the reclaim path
      xfs: reset the i_iolock lock class in the reclaim path
      xfs: simplify inode teardown
      xfs: simplify inode teardown
      xfs: simplify xfs_buf_get / xfs_buf_read interfaces
      xfs: simplify xfs_buf_get / xfs_buf_read interfaces
      xfs: uninline xfs_get_extsz_hint
      xfs: uninline xfs_get_extsz_hint
      xfs: use WRITE_SYNC_PLUG for synchronous writeout
      xfs: use WRITE_SYNC_PLUG for synchronous writeout
      xfs: Wrapped journal record corruption on read at recovery
      xfs: Wrapped journal record corruption on read at recovery

What's up, doc?

                        Linus