Re: Enabling lazy counters damages filesystem

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Enabling lazy counters damages filesystem
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:05:49 +1000
Cc: Marcin Mirosław <marcin@xxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 08:51:30PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Dave Chinner wrote:

> > Actually, 3.1.0 was the first release with the fix to xfs_db that
> > prevents this problem.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Dave.
>
> not so sure:

Yeah, you are right. I was thinking that xfs_db did the feature bit
modifications, then repair just fixed up the accounting. but repair
does both in this case. I should remember code that I wrote years
ago, but for some reason it all seems to be a little bit hazy...

Let me go look at your repair patch again ;)

Cheers,

dave.
--
Dave Chinner