Re: Fwd: xfs - fixing wrong xfs size

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Fwd: xfs - fixing wrong xfs size
From: Rafal Blaszczyk <blaszczykr+linux@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 13:09:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > attempt to access beyond end of device
> > md0: rw=0, want=123024384, limit=123023488
> > I/O error in filesystem ("md0") meta-data dev md0 block 0x75533f8
>
>       ("xfs_read_buf") error 5 buf count 4096
> >
> > XFS: size check 2 failed

Hi,
I've had similiar problems with md on top of lvm after converting from
single LV to mirrored (md device). I've managed to solve it by expanding
underlying devices by just a few megabytes. I suppose it's not your case
because you're dealing with bare devices.
But you could still try to experiment with xfs_growfs or other xfs_* tools.

>From my case - this is not md's fault. XFS wants to have more underlying
space than it has and it cannot be mounted.