xfs performance problem

To: <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: xfs performance problem
From: Benjamin Schindler <bschindler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:44:04 +0200
Hi

Since upgrading to newer kernels I have serious problems with xfs
performance on my root fs.
It runs on a software raid 0 with 2 disks. On the same two disks, there
are two more partitions running a software raid-1 with ext3. On the ext3
system, I have no issue, so I assume the drives are fine.
But on the xfs filesystem, extracting a linux kernel archive takes 5
minutes or more, running ldconfig similarily long. The harddrives are
sata-2.
I'm running gentoo linux with kernel 2.6.38-gentoo-r1. I'm attaching the
kernel config but I guess more info is needed - just let me know what is
needed.

Thank you
Benjamin