Re: [XFS Tests Punch Hole 2/3 v3] XFS TESTS: Add Fallocate Punch Hole Te

To: Allison Henderson <achender@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [XFS Tests Punch Hole 2/3 v3] XFS TESTS: Add Fallocate Punch Hole Test Routines
From: Sunil Mushran <sunil.mushran@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 16:36:34 -0700
Cc: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-fsdevel <linux-fsdevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxx>, Ext4 Developers List <linux-ext4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Mark Fasheh <mfasheh@xxxxxxxx>
On 05/19/2011 11:26 AM, Allison Henderson wrote:
Thx for the all the reviewing on this one.  Im not quite sure I agree that the
tests are analogous though.  I did some poking around in xfsprogs which I
believe is what test 252 is using to do perform most of its operations.  I
found the code where the hole gets punched, but I didnt find any code that does
any kind of analyzing to verify that the hole was punched correctly.  Maybe I
over looked it?  It kinda looks like the hole gets punched and it just checks
the return code (fpunch_f in io/prealloc.c right?).

Mark Fasheh wrote a test for the same for ocfs2 that might help. Check it out.

http://oss.oracle.com/git/?p=ocfs2-test.git;a=tree;f=programs/fill_verify_holes;h=0df38895e7ff6e66a9a558f35407699ebb40f790;hb=HEAD