Re: bug in xfs: can't recovery metadata log

To: Drunkard Zhang <gongfan193@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: bug in xfs: can't recovery metadata log
From: Michael Monnerie <michael.monnerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 10:30:59 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Alex Elder <aelder@xxxxxxx>, xfs-masters@xxxxxxxxxxx, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Dienstag, 7. Juni 2011 Drunkard Zhang wrote:
> Oops, I already did "xfs_repair -L", successed. It's in production
> environment, didn't have too much time to figure out why :-(

That was probably the only chance anyway.

I'm wondering about the crash. Even if the log is full of shit because
of a crash, xfs should not drive to hell but better report the fact and
exit. But maybe such strict checking is not worth the effort, as every
competent admin does xfs_repair then anyway?

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc

Tel: +43 660 / 415 6531