Hello, XFS folks...
I am studying the XFS internals and got some questions
regarding its detailed design.
1. what is the "uuid" for? I found that XFS has its
number already. Then why is there "uuid"?
2. in the superblock(xfs_sb), I see "realtime block"
"realtime extent". Can anyone please let me know
what the realtime block/extent mean?
3. in xfs_dinode_core, there is di_projid.
What is this for?
4. according to the 1993 design document, the inode
number of xfs_agi used to be devided into 3 parts
but now it is 2 parts. I think this should have some
reasoning but don't know the details. Why?
5. is there any plan to support "snapshot" feature
in XFS in the near future or any existing one?
I actually have not tested XFS myself yet but very
in using snapshot on it.
If anyone please answer me any of the above questions,
or link to the appropriate information, that would be
helpful to me.
Thanks very much....
디지탈 카메라와 찰떡 궁합- 야후! 사진
돈되는 중고차 쇼핑몰 - 야후! 자동차