The Performance Co-Pilot software includes online manual pages for every utility and every exported API function, as well as a comprehensive introduction to PCP in the PCPIntro(1) page.
Additionally, the SGI TechPubs Library provides access to PCP books. Note these were developed for the IRIX product, and so include some material describing features that are not part of the Open Source release, however most of the features and all of the concepts are identical.
- Performance Co-Pilot User's and Administrator's Guide
- A general overview of how the components of PCP work together can be obtained from Chapter 1, Sections 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, Chapter 3 (excluding Sections 3.1 and 3.4).
- The inference engine (pmie) is described in Chapter 6.
- Chapter 7 covers the archive logger (pmlogger).
- Assorted deployment scenarios and extensibility options are covered in Chapters 8 and 9.
- Performance Co-Pilot Programmer's Guide
- Describes the APIs for developing new clients to consume performance data, and new agents to export performance data.